Postade den här på ett engelstalande forum, finns det någon duktig som kan hjälpa mig?
Kan översätta den om det finns önskemål om det, men dom flesta kan väl hyfsad engelska idag =)

Was
out driving, suddenly I hear this high frequency "PEEEEEEP" from the dashboard. Wtf - I have no such warning speaker? And no warning lights were lit. I thought it must be the speedometer or something. A while, 5-7 minutes, later I start losing power, I get a bad feeling and instantly turn off engine.
Smoke and crackle sounds, the engine is clearly very, very hot. I check the water coolant reservoir - it is empty, and have condensation drips inside.

I wait till engine cools, and walk to a closeby house and get some water to fill in. Check engine temp, it is <100 c (water from cylinder does not evaporate). So I try electric starter - no go. I feel the kick starter, it is very heavy/stuck, but it will move with a bit force - I reckon the piston/rings is jammed.

I wait a while, thinking. Suddenly water comes out from underneath scooter. When checking where water comes from - it comes out from the carb air intake (!) - the intake where the air filter usually is strapped onto (I run without unfortunately). Also zips out from everywhere - the spark plug, the 4 cylinder bolts (long ones), from the gasket between engine block and cylinder.

This tells me 2 things - water is flooded everywhere, even goes up through the reedvalve and out the carb.

Question 1)
Is it repairable, or just sell it as a junk object for $350 instead of working condition for $1000?

Question 2)
Now what, what steps do I need to follow? I am worried about getting out all the water, prefferably without splitting the engine.

Question 3)
What might have caused this? I get a feeling it might be the thermostat, since the "PEEEEP" sounded like an old tea pot on a stove, the water might have stood still in the cylinder head, eventually evaporating and forced out the top. The vapor inside water reservoir also hints the same. If it was a common water leak, then I would not get boiled water, just overheat? (NOTE: Apparently the previous owner did not fancy the heat sensor - it was unplugged). I will check the thermostat tomorrow by boiling it.

Question 4)
What should my shoppinglist contain? New cylinder kit, gaskets, needle bearing, heat sensor, and thermostat if it is broken, I presume - anything else?

Regards!